Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
In this role you will use your exceptional creative abilities to prepare conceptual designs, develop final, polished artwork and prepare designs for production.
Responsibilities, Duties, & Tasks:
- Design posters and brochures, multi-media presentations, and marketing materials.
- Support and contribute to security design initiatives via; Design research, illustration/drawing skills, preparation of presentation materials.
- Learn security design processes and begin design under leadership of senior security designers.
- Attend team meetings and meeting with internal and external clients to ascertain design requirements.
- Keep up to date with new developments in graphic design.
- Graphic Arts or Design diploma or degree from a recognized arts program.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in design, freehand and computer assisted.
- Full understanding of pre-press and production requirements.
- Technical proficiency in a PC and Mac environment.
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint and Flash.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral, written and comprehension), French an additional asset.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, without supervision and relate well in a team environment.
- Organizational skills and a strong understanding of deadlines and commitment to schedules.
- Good research skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Level II Secret security clearance and submit to a complete background check.