Title: Director, International Business Development
Reports To: Vice President, International Business Development
Develop new business and markets internationally with a specific focus on Government opportunities, maintain existing accounts and deliver sales margins in accordance with corporate objectives.
- A University Degree in Business, Commerce, Sciences Languages.
- 10+ years of business development/sales experience, ideally in systems and solutions
- Fluently bilingual in French or Spanish (written & spoken)
As a key member of the business development team, the Director of Business Development will be accountable and responsible for the following:
- Establishing a plan for a complete range of business development activities.
- Prioritizing and develop strategies to pursue the established plan.
- Managing all phases of the development/sales life cycle from developing the demand, through to closing new business.
- Identifying and introducing key decision makers in international Governments to our products and services.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with decision makers within international Governments.
- Leading clients through a consultative development/sales process, with a problem solution technology approach.
- Establishing and building relationships with existing customer base, identifying new opportunities and focusing on growing our share of the customers. business.
- Maintaining business development plans, budgets and preparing monthly updates on order timings, revenues, margins and develops alternative plans when necessary to ensure annual revenues and targets are met.
- Participating in strategic planning, business development and marketing activities.
- Maintaining external and internal relationships to deliver exceptional customer service at all times.
- Establishing and leading virtual teams from other departments to prepare proposals and directing the complete range of pre-sales activities for potential customers, demonstrating leadership throughout the process.
- Establishing and leading contract negotiations with the customer and manage customer relationships during project implementation.
- Participating in ongoing contract management activities as required.
- Becoming fully knowledgeable on the complete range of CBN products and services.
Skills and Abilities:
Proven track record in:
- identifying, developing and delivering new business
- developing and maintaining strong and trusted relationships with customers
- consistently achieving and exceeding established sales targets and objectives
- managing multiple, complex development/sales efforts simultaneously
- managing direct reports and virtual teams
- networking within all levels of government and agencies
- negotiation and arbitration skills, leading to .win-win. resolutions
- Stay focused and positive during prolonged sales cycles
- ensure effective use of resources
- work independently or in a group setting
- convey ideas and information effectively and efficiently
- think strategically, see the .big picture. and is detailed oriented
- Listening and interpretive skills to facilitate leadership and maintain effective customer relationships
- High degree of tenacity and persistence to get tasks completed on schedule.
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely motivated, meticulously organized, possessing premium analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of deadlines and commitment to schedules
- Performs well under pressure
- Able to travel extensively, up to months per year
We thank all applicants for their interest in Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited. Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our career opportunities, we can only respond to individuals that are selected for interviews.