Location: Sault Ste Marie, ON
Reporting To: Director of Operations
The eBingo Application Specialist is responsible for delivery of new products and services in the Bingo Revitalization Program and Bingo Gaming Operations. They are responsible for testing for all new products. They are the final "quality checks" to ensure the technology delivered meets the requirements of the business and can be launched into production, ready for "public consumption". In addition, the eBingo Application Specialist also develops and conducts the required stakeholder training to successfully implement Bingo Revitalization Program (i.e. Bingo Centre staff, Charity Associations, internal operation support areas). The position is also responsible for identifying and delivering the end-user documentation required to support this program.
- Provide input into the development of business requirements for eBingo initiatives.
- Create detailed product specifications documents based on the business requirements, to ensure the technology solution delivery team (internal and external) understands the business needs.
- Schedule the required tests within the test cycle timeframe set for the project.
- Execute tests to ensure the quality of the end product meets the requirements specified by the business. Report on test results.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of discrepancies.
- Update regression test scripts. Sign off on the tested product/service on behalf of Bingo Gaming and the external stakeholders once all tests have met the quality standards.
- Develop training/education curriculum and materials (i.e. newsletters, bulletins, presentations, help sheets, user guides, manuals) required to train stakeholders (internal and external) on the features of the new product or service.
- Conduct needs analysis for Bingo Centre staff and adapt curriculum to address individual needs.
- Assess outcomes and incorporate improvements into training program.
- Deliver project related training and education to ensure the solution is successfully integrated into our current business operations. Includes presentations and classroom training. Provide onsite support/training during each new bingo centre launch.
- Provide ongoing training and support for Bingo Centre process and program (game) changes.
- University degree or college diploma or relevant experience in the field.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving skills.
- Results oriented - ability to work under pressure and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills - ability to independently organize and execute the work required to meet deadlines within a project.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiating skills. Ability to develop and deliver training material in a class room or one-on-one setting.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Adaptable/flexible - ability to adjust easily to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Multi-tasking - ability to work on several projects at various stages simultaneously.
- Focus and concentration - ability to work in a test environment with many people and successfully conduct with accuracy the tests to be completed. Provide one-on-one training and support at Bingo Centre during operating hours (fast pace environment - supporting processes from game design to POS to customer play to end of day procedures)
- Working knowledge and experience with all Bingo processes, procedures and enabling systems (Bingo Centre operations and OLG support).
- Solid course design and delivery/facilitation skills - developing and conducting training (classroom and one-on-one training).
- Experience in communicating technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes Mail. MS Project and Visio experience would be an asset.
- Experience with documentation software and publishing tools (e.g. Paintshop Pro,Adobe Acrobat, Snag-It, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of bingo game design and play mechanics.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Extensive travel will be required.
- Working after hours and weekends maybe required