Title: Intermediate Java Software Developer
Reporting to: Chief Information Officer - Corporate Information Systems
- To develop software and maintain existing software within the Corporate development team.
Responsibilities: Duties, and Tasks:
- Writing design documents and functional specifications
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Developing and unit testing software
- Debugging and fixing bugs during stabilization of the software
- Installation and configuration of system components (hardware & software)
- Training operators of the system during initial deployment of the system
- Supporting the system during the transition to Support group.
- Post secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience developing 3-tier software systems or products in Java
- Experience developing web applications using Java Servlets, web services in Java using JAX-WS with WSDL/SOAP and JAX-RS
- Good understanding of XML including XML Schema, XML Namespaces, WSDL 1.1/2.0
- Experience developing asynchronous systems with JMS/ JAX-WS
- Experience developing solutions that rely on RBAC and JAAS
- Build data driven applications using JPA (Hibernate, OpenJPA)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level 2 Security Clearance.
- Experience developing software for real-time sensing in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with Agile software development, Test driven development
- Knowledge of build tools (ANT, Maven)
- Knowledge of Tomcat/ Apache, AJAX (dojo), spring frameworks
- Strong background in applying formal development methodologies, including knowledge of use cases, requirement analysis, UML
- Experience with .Big-Data. frameworks such as Hadoop, Terracotta, ehcache etc.
- Experience in developing client-server systems using Oracle databases
- Experience with complex event processing
- Strong communication skills in English (other languages are additional assets)
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Make-it-work attitude under firm deadlines
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.