Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
To participate in the development of corporate and external database backed applications for CBN within the Corporate Information Systems research and development team.
- Writing design documents and functional specifications;
- Participating in design and code reviews;
- Developing and unit testing new software;
- Debugging and fixing bugs during stabilization of the software;
- Installation and configuration of system components (hardware and software);
- Research and development of new technologies, tools, third party software and commercial hardware for future development of the new generation of software;
- Presentations and demonstrations of new technologies internally or to external audience;
- Mentoring junior staff;
- Assuming technical lead positions as required.
- Post-secondary education Computer Science, Engineering or related field;
- 6+ years of experience developing multitier hybrid applications in C#/C++ and Java;
- Strong experience with .NET3.5, 4.0, Windows Forms/WPF and UI development;
- Extended experience developing web applications using Java Servlets, web services in Java (SOAP), JPA, performance tuning, J2EE, JMS;
- Experience with commercial RDBMS;
- Experience performing requirement analysis and writing design documents;
- Strong communication skills in English (other languages are additional assets);
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to take leadership and work unsupervised;
- Make-it-work attitude under firm deadlines;
- Willing to travel abroad;
- Eligible to obtain Secret Level Security Clearance (mandatory).