Title: Java Software Developer
Reporting to: Director of Corporate Systems
- To participate in the development of corporate and external database backed applications for CBN within the Corporate Information Systems research and development team.
.Responsibilities: Duties, and Tasks:
- Software systems design, development, testing, documentation and installation
- 3rd level software system support
- Requirement analysis, functional specifications, design, implementation, and roll-out of products
- Writing functional and technical documentation
- Actively participate in code reviews, architectural discussions, and change management control.
- Remain current with technology available
- Post secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience developing applications.
- 3+ years of experience in open source development, database design and development, and object oriented programming. Functional programming a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in C++, Java or PHP, and SQL (primarily MySQL, SQLite or PostgreSQL)
- Experience developing scalable web applications
- Experience with structured development and OO methodologies, design patterns, agile methods
- Proven experience building interfaces and data imports
- SOA, BPM, WDSL , J2EE knowledge
Additional Skills & Attributes:
- Python, Ruby on Rails, HTML5, Dojo
- Linux/Unix administration
- MySQL/Oracle administration
- Technical writing/documentation
- Planning and application design skills
- Strong communication skills in English (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Customer focused
- Manufacturing Telemetry knowledge
- .Make it work. attitude under firm deadlines
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Self starter and independent
- Ability to acquire new skills quickly
- Eligible to obtain a Canadian Government Secret Security Clearance. (Level 2)