Title: Cafeteria General Kitchen Helper
Reporting to: Cafeteria Manager
- To assist the Cafeteria Manager to prepare and serve food items to employees and/or contractors and visitors as well as maintain food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
Hours of work (subject to change): Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm including 30 minute unpaid break daily which may be split into two breaks.
Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm, including 30 minute unpaid break daily which may be split into two breaks.
- Arranges setup for food items, supplies, serving lines and equipment for the purpose of ensuring that items are provided in accordance with cafeteria requirements.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions.
- Collects payment using cash register.
- Reports equipment malfunctions for the purpose of maintaining equipment in safe working order.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Cooking experience in a high volume establishment.
- Food handler certification from City of Ottawa
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple verbal and written instruction
- Basic math skills, with ability to calculate change
- Ability to use serving and preparation tools and equipment
- Good understanding of food handling safety practices
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with others
- Must be able to stand for long periods of the work day
- Requires lifting up to 35 lbs, bending, twisting, reaching, grasping and pushing food trolleys
- Must be eligible to obtain Secret level security clearance