Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Company Name: CBN Secure Technologies Inc.
Location: Albany, NY
Supervisor: Production Manager, Albany, NY
CBN Secure Technologies builds upon a proven ability to deliver security, stability, and quality in high-security documents and issuance technologies. For over 100 years, our parent, Canadian Bank Note Company, has delivered secure documents, currencies, systems, and services to governments around the world. Our resume includes delivering the groundbreaking DL/ID cards for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the Provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan, arguably the most secure and trusted DL/IDs in North America. This commitment to security and innovation is the foundation for CBN STI's established, high-security production operations in Virginia and New York, designed to serve Customers requiring high-value identity documents.
CBN Secure Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced technician who will be responsible for the set-up, testing and maintenance of laser engraving equipment and related systems, desktop card printers, desktop printers, VOIP systems, tier 1 server support and air compressors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform regular maintenance and repair of laser engraving equipment, vision systems, die sub printers, desktop printers and servers by completing preventive maintenance following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, informing supervisor
- Work independently with advanced laser equipment die sub printers, desktop printers, and servers, air compressors
- Troubleshoot day to day equipment and quality problems
- Draft maintenance and repair procedures, including preventative maintenance and calibration plans.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Recommend process and product improvements to manufacturing
- Continuous improvement project activities and technical support as directed
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Documents actions by completing time and maintenance logs
- Ship, receive, maintain and swap warranted parts
- Experience 3-5 years of experience in a high volume repetitive manufacturing environment
- Experience in a Laser system and/or electro-mechanical environment (an asset)
- Diploma in Instrumentation Process Control, Electrical Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, A&P (Aircraft) mechanics certification, electronics or laser optics.
- Prior clean room experience (an asset)
- Experience performing maintenance and repair of production equipment
- Proficient user of business related computer applications (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes)
- Knowledge or experience with networks (Windows 2000, XP and Linux)
- Ability to read and understand equipment wiring schematics and blueprints
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Communicates and works regularly with vendors
- Creative, dedicated problem solver with ability to meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work all shifts (Days, Afternoons, Nights)
- Ability to be on call
- Must work a reasonable amount of overtime hours during the week and weekend
- Must travel for training within the North America and internationally.
- Must possess a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the USA
- Must be able to pass criminal background and credit check.
- Strong understanding of deadlines and commitment to schedules
- Self motivated
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Well developed problem solving skills
- Detail orientated
- Well developed time management skills
- Consistent walking and standing throughout the production facility
- Ability to lift 20 lbs to 50 lbs
CBN Secure Technologies is committed to the health and safety of our employees. To protect our employees and customers and provide a safe and healthy work environment, employees are required to successfully complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicles check. CBN STI is a Drug-Free Workplace. CBN STI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CBN Secure Technologies, Inc. Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our career opportunities, we can only respond to individuals that are selected for interviews. No phone calls or agencies, please.
*** TO STAY INFORMED ON THE LATEST CBN STI NEWS AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE JOIN OUR LINKEDIN GROUP "CBN Secure Technologies Inc." ***
Please send your resume to email@example.com