Title: Network Administrator
Reporting to: System Administration Team Leader
Roles and Responsibilities:
Operation and Support
- Subject Matter Expert for all support activities related to networking in ID Systems.
- Provide Tier III support to CBN customers within contractual SLAs; and participate in Tier I and Tier II support after hours during on call rotation.
- Troubleshoot networking, system and storage issues, in many cases under very tight SLAs.
- Use internal service desk ticketing system to track, resolve and escalate support incidents or service requests.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible security issues.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted clients.
- Apply firmware, software patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Add and configure new and existing services following approved guidelines and deployment plans.
- Upgrade and configure ID Systems software and patches taking in consideration project and operational guidelines.
- Maintain configuration and operational documentation.
- Maintain system baseline following project requirements.
- Forecast and plan for scalability, performance and capacity requirements
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Deployment and Provisioning
- Create, modify and implement deployment plans.
- Design, plan, install, configure and document new and existing networking and server hardware, switches, routers, firewalls, hypervisors, operating systems, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering or equivalent
- Layer 2 Switching . Experienced in design and implementation of VLANs, ISL & 802.1Q VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), Spanning Tree Protocol (STP and FastSTP), Port Fast, Port Security, and Inter-VLAN Routing for multi-site LAN networks using HP and/or Cisco Switches; Experienced in configuration of H3C Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) or Cisco Virtual Switching System (VSS) for network redundancy and load-balancing.
- Layer 3 Routing . Experienced in IP Addressing and Subnetting in IPv4 and IPv6, Route Summarization and Redistribution, NAT/PAT and DHCP; Designed and implemented static and dynamic routing protocols, including OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, and RIPv1 & 2, on Cisco or HP Routers; configured BGP and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP).
- Firewalling . Experienced in Managing, monitoring and configuration of firewall appliances. Configured packet filtering using IP tables and/or complete packet inspection on *nix systems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing:
- HP, 3COM and/or Cisco Switches
- HP and/or Cisco Routers
- SSL and IPSEC VPN Appliances
- Network Monitoring Systems
- Flex Technology
- Experience in one or more of the following systems:
- iSCSI SAN technology
- Unified Threat Management Appliances
- Network Access Control
- Intrusion prevention Systems
- Virtualization Technology such as VDS or virtual firewalls
- HP Network Node Manager
- Understanding and operational experience with Disaster Recovery Planning and Business Continuity Planning
- Experience documenting system configuration and network architecture.
- Knowledge of Canadian Government Regulations governing the use of computer systems and operational security standards, such as (i.e. Management of Information Technology Security (MITS))
- Successful candidates must qualify for or possess a valid Canadian security clearance (Secret Level 2)
- Industry certifications an asset, especially CCNA,CCNP, CCDP, CISSP, LPI ,ITIL
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. French is an asset.
- Required to work at multiple sites.
- Participate 24x7 on call rotation.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends, sometimes without an advanced notice.
- Eligible to travel internationally to client sites, in some cases up to 3 weeks at a time.
- Essential and marginal functions may require moderate to light lifting and movement of heavy IT equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited. Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our career opportunities, we can only respond to individuals that are selected for interviews.