Job Title: Operator
Company Name: CBN Secure Technologies Inc.
Location: Albany, New York
Supervisor: Production Manager/Supervisor
CBN Secure Technologies builds upon a proven ability to deliver security, stability, and quality in high-security documents and issuance technologies. For over 100 years, our parent, Canadian Bank Note Company, has delivered secure documents, currencies, systems, and services to governments around the world. Our resume includes delivering the groundbreaking DL/ID cards for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the Provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan, arguably the most secure and trusted DL/IDs in North America. This commitment to security and innovation is the foundation for CBN STI's established, high-security production operations in Virginia and New York, designed to serve Customers requiring high-value identity documents.
CBN Secure Technologies Inc is seeking an experienced production equipment operator to operate laser engraving equipment and related systems, desktop card printers and associated quality control equipment in a high volume manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operation of laser engraving, desktop card printer and associated QA stations
- Operates and monitors computer and equipment to meet production schedules
- Troubleshoots minor equipment malfunctions and corrects as directed by machine fault or computer operations. Refers complex problems to a technician
- Operate equipment according to specifications to produce customized jobs according to predetermined quality standards
- Examination of printed product for flaws
- Data entry of all information as required
- Maintains daily log of all work processed
- Assures quality product by conducting in-process inspections and evaluating finished product to quality standards
- Operation of quality control equipment .E.g. barcode scanners
- Update Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts
- Verify inventory beginning lot counts with ending lot counts
- Transfer completed production lots to the next processing step ensuring production reports are accurately completed
- Input information for material tracking and accountability
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Ensure all consumables are available during production run
- High School or GED equivalent and 12 months of production experience in a high volume continuous operating manufacturing facility
- Production background with experience operating a repetitive high volume machine
- Prior printing background/examination/inspection is an asset
- Requires good mathematical skills (sequential, add, subtract, multiply)
- Proficient user of business related computer applications (Microsoft word, excel )
- Ability to read, operate and maintain various equipment in quality control lab
- Knowledge of entering data in Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts (an asset)
- Experience maintaining quality control charts and graphs (an asset)
- Ability to move throughout the facility to gather information, materials and authorizations
- Must be able to work all shifts (Days, Afternoons)
- Must work overtime hours during the week and weekend
- Must be legally eligible to work in the USA
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up
- Thorough knowledge of equipment problem solving
- Well developed problem solving skills
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail orientated
- Work independently
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with coworkers
Physical Demands/Environmental Elements
- Constant walking and standing (75%)
- Ability to lift 20 lbs to 40 lbs
- Office/clean room environment. Temperature and humidity controlled environment.
CBN Secure Technologies is committed to the health and safety of our employees. To protect our employees and customers and provide a safe and healthy work environment, employees are required to successfully complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicles check. CBN STI is a Drug-Free Workplace. CBN STI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CBN Secure Technologies, Inc. Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our career opportunities, we can only respond to individuals that are selected for interviews. No phone calls or agencies, please.
*** TO STAY INFORMED ON THE LATEST CBN STI NEWS AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE JOIN OUR LINKEDIN GROUP "CBN Secure Technologies Inc." ***
Please send your resume to email@example.com