Title: Junior Project Manager
Reporting to: Director of Project Management
- The mission of our Project Managers is to deliver projects on time, within budget, and meeting or exceeding our customer requirements.
- Define the goals, scope and requirements of the project.
- Define and execute project control activities.
- Develop the project plan and gain approval of the plan.
- Define, acquire and coordinate internal and contracted resources sufficient to accomplish committed deliverables.
- Ensure deliverable are on time and are accepted by the project team and the client.
- Accept total responsibility for project deliverables.
- Conduct project status meetings.
- Prepare and deliver status reports.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the project team.
- Customer interface tasks.
- Root cause analysis, issues management and conflict resolution.
- Perform project risk identification and management
- Facilitate all phases of the project.
- Determine, establish, track and manage project schedule timing and resource allocation to ensure targets are reached.
- Manage budgets.
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferable
- Bilingual (English/French, and/or Spanish)
- Able to travel for extended periods (6 to 8 weeks)
- PMP Certified or working towards PMP certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level 2 Security Clearance
- Experience using project management tools (PM Office, MS Project, TimeLine)
- 1-2 years experience in project scheduling, project costing and budgeting, scope and change management, ideally in the deployment of hardware/software and integrated solutions in domestic or international markets.
- Experience in managing projects with budgets in the million dollar range.
- Customer service skills
- Proficient in use of standard business applications (MS Office, Internet, Visio, Lotus Notes)
- High degree of tenacity and persistence to get tasks completed on schedule
- Ability to see the big picture and be detail-oriented
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Highly organized, with premium analytical skills
- Ensure the effective use of the organizations resources
- Negotiation and arbitration skills, leading to win-win resolutions.