Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Control and monitor access to and movement within Company premises with the assistance of technical security systems
- Conduct building security checks
- Prepare occurrence reports
- Staff a Communications and Command Post
- Follow established contingency plans during an emergency
- Control and regulate parking
- Ensure the external security of Company premises, and
- Perform other related duties.
- Valid PSISA Ontario license
- Post-secondary education in Security Management or Police Foundations, or related diploma or degree
- 2+ years experience in a security role is preferable
- Proactive, professional and positive attitude
- Team Player
- Excellent computer skills
- Flexibility to work various shifts (days/evenings/weekends), including overtime
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and objectivity and demonstrate strong decision-making and issue resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certificates
- Valid Driver.s License
Those selected must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Level II Secret security clearance and submit to a complete background check.
All Security Agents are required to successfully complete the CBN Security Training Program.
This is a unionized position.