Title: Secure Document and Banknote Designer
- To use exceptional creative abilities to prepare conceptual designs, develop final, secure linework, illustrations and digital files for the production of a wide range of security documents.
Responsibilities: Duties, and Tasks:
- Creation of conceptual models and detailed production linework for security product designs including banknotes, travel documents, identity documents, certificates and stamps.
- Contribute to ongoing development of new security features implemented through novel design applications.
- Review conceptual designs with production staff and implement recommendations for production compliance.
- Provide operational maintenance of the design system, including file management and regular archiving of data files.
- Interface with Corporate sales management staff and with customers, as required, to understand design requirements.
- Prepare and present design models or proofs for customer presentation.
- Participate, as required, in the approval process during press proof trials and initial production runs to achieve customer sign-off.
- Conduct research and prepare images and artwork for concept designs and production.
- Graphic Arts or Design diploma or degree from a recognized arts program or Apprenticeship program and/or relevant working experience in the field of security products design.
- 5+ years experience in design, freehand and computer assisted, in security products design
- Design and composition skills
- Knowledge of security features, security printing, security linework and associated processes.
- Understanding of Security Print production processes and requirements.
- Technical proficiency in a PC and Mac environment with a Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Must have proficiency with specialized security design software (JURA JSP, One, or other security design software)
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint and Flash.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral, written and listening). Other languages are an asset.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, without supervision and relate well in a team environment.
- Organizational skills and a strong understanding of deadlines and commitment to schedules.
- Good research skills.
- Creative problem solving skills
Work location: 18 Auriga Drive, Nepean ON K2E 7T9