Title: Senior Java Software Developer
- To develop software and maintain existing software within the Corporate Development team.
Responsibilities: Duties, and Tasks:
- Writing design documents and functional specifications;
- Participating in design and code reviews;
- Developing and unit testing software;
- Debugging and fixing bugs during stabilization of the software;
- Installation and configuration of system components (hardware & software);
- Training operators of the system during initial deployment of the system;
- Supporting the system during the transition to Support group;
- Mentor and aid other team member.s development.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field;
- 8+ years of experience developing n-tier software systems or products in Java;
- Experience developing web applications using Java Servlets, web services in Java using JAX-WS with WSDL/SOAP and JAX-RS;
- Good understanding of XML including XML Schema, XML Namespaces, WSDL 1.1/2.0;
- Experience developing asynchronous systems with JMS/ JAX-WS;
- Experience developing solutions that rely on RBAC and JAAS;
- Build data driven applications using JPA (Hibernate, OpenJPA);
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level 2 Security Clearance.
Additional Skills & Attributes:
- Experience developing software for real-time sensing in a manufacturing environment;
- Familiarity with Agile software development, Test driven development;
- Knowledge of build tools (ANT, Maven);
- Knowledge of Tomcat/ Apache, AJAX (dojo), spring frameworks;
- Strong background in applying formal development methodologies, including knowledge of use cases, requirement analysis, UML;
- Experience with .Big-Data. frameworks such as Hadoop, Terracotta, ehcache etc.;
- Experience in developing client-server systems using Oracle databases;
- Experience with complex event processing;
- Strong communication skills in English (other languages are additional assets);
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong team player;
- Make-it-work attitude under firm deadlines;
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.