Reports To: Customer Support Manager
Mission: To administer the technical service desk and provide technical support for all deployed systems to ensure maximum up-time for ID Systems customers. To attend to the Facial Recognition component of the applications deployed by CBN.
Job Status: Full-Time - Permanent
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Canadian Bank Note Company Limited - Identification Systems, is seeking a highly proficient Customer Support Technical Service Desk Administrator who will be responsible for providing system support working on a variety of hardware and software platforms and peripherals. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Providing 1st and 2nd line technical phone and email support to customers and regional support engineers
- Managing, escalating, and reporting on Support Tickets
- Managing Estimates for the hardware repairs
- Providing on-site support to customers
- Maintaining system inventory including spare parts and consumables
- Installation and configuration of system components (hardware and software)
- Training of operators on system usage
- Initial Diagnostics and Testing of Hardware, Software, Network Problems
- Hardware Repair of Equipment (ex. Replace hard-disks, Printer Maintenance)
- Software troubleshooting (ex. correcting installation or configuration problems)
- Hardware Preventive Maintenance
- Provide sales support, as required
- As an attendant of the Facial Recognition component:
- Enroll and process all the manual facial templates, one to one matches, and one to many matches within the allocated service level window using facial recognition application
- Escalate special cases to the Special Investigation Unit as necessary on regular basis
- Communicate with the customer, Special Investigation Unit, and other staff
- Report and escalate any technical issues (ex. hardware, software, network, database) to the appropriate technical support
- Create and submit monthly SLA reports to the management
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- At least 3 years experience in providing technical support directly to end users covering the following:
- 1st and 2nd line telephone and on-line technical support
- On-site technical support
- Hardware: Basic installation / troubleshooting skills: Desktop workstations, Scanners, Commercial Inkjet and LaserJet printers, and other peripherals
- Software: Basic understanding of relational databases (Oracle DBMS is an asset), Backup Solutions, Web Servers, Web Application Servers
- Operating Systems: Windows (Linux is an asset)
- Networking: Basic troubleshooting skills: LAN Support, TCP/IP networks, ODBC
- Client Server Applications & Web Applications
- Communicating directly with customers using necessary tact
- Understanding of Help Desk tools and trouble ticket tracking processes
- Understanding of support agreements and their implied service levels
- Inventory maintenance
- Experience in working with Facial Recognition application is a plus
- Applicants must possess excellent communication skills in English and French, orally and in writing
- Successful candidates must qualify for or possess a valid security clearance (secret)
- Strong understanding of deadlines and commitment to schedules.
- Performs well under pressure.
- Detail oriented approach.
- Team player.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills