Title: Shipper (Non-Union Position)
Location: Ottawa . Richmond Road
- To assist in the daily preparation and shipment of products for domestic and international shipment while following accepted internal standards under the direction of the Shipping Coordinator/Manager.
Responsibilities: Duties, and Tasks:
- Examine and verify contents and compare with records, such as DSA.s, to determine accuracy of shipments
- Prepare documentation required for shipments (Proformas, Shipping Advices, Packing Slips, Waybills, Labels, etc.)
- Check that all documents required for shipment outside of Canada are included and accurate.
- Track shipments for Proof of Deliveries.
- Confer and correspond with outside carriers to either verify or rectify problems, such as late or misplaced shipments.
- Interact with other internal departments to arrange for delivery of finished product to the Shipping department.
- Pick up finished goods from departments when required.
- Wrap, strap and label products to prepare for shipping.
- Contact carriers to make pick up arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping.
- Record shipment data for reporting, accounting, and record keeping procedures.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and legal regulations
- College Diploma/ and or Canadian Customs Specialist (CCS) certification along with 2 plus years of related experience
- Proven experience with governmental regulations regarding customs and shipment classification.
- Extensive knowledge of proper shipping techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles and methods for moving goods, including the relative costs and security issues.
- Experience preparing international shipping documentation
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems (Microsoft Office, office equipment)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Basic math skills and problem solving skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs repetitiously to prepare shipments
- Able to follow oral and written directions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to research, verify and source information from relevant sources
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime during the week and on weekends
- Dependable and proven attendance record are a must
- Able to assume responsibility
- Initiative and good judgment
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Must have Secret Level security clearance, or ability to obtain Secret level security clearance